KPMG Graduate Application Process
1. Application Form – around 30,000 graduates apply for KPMG graduate jobs. After the initial screening, those who satisfy job requirements (app. 77%) are invited to complete the Situational Judgment Test.
2. Situational Judgment Test – after this stage there is 60% of candidates who get the invitation for the Verbal Reasoning Test.
3. Verbal Reasoning Test – a lot of candidates do not pass this stage, and only 43% of a total number of applicants have a chance to complete the next stage.
4. Numerical Reasoning Test – 27% of a total number of applicants pass this stage and get the invitation for Digital Submission.
5. Digital Submission – usually around 8,000 candidates reach this stage, and half of them are invited to the Launch Pad.
6. Launch Pad Recruitment Event – app. 4,000 candidates are invited to this stage, and every 4th candidate gets the offer after Launch Pad Event.
7. Job offer – 1,000 applicants get the offer after the Launch Pad event i.e. final interview which is 3% of the total number of applicants.
STEP 1: Online Application Form
You’ll be asked about your academic background and any work experience you may have undertaken. This should take about 20 minutes to complete and you won’t need to upload a CV.
STEP 2: Situational Judgement Test
After submitting your application form, you’ll receive a link to a Situational Judgement Test (SJT) within one working day. You’ll be asked to consider hypothetical, challenging situations that you might encounter as a trainee with KPMG. You’ll have a choice of possible responses to choose the best and the worst option. Although the test is untimed, the recommended time to complete it is 30 minutes and you will need to take this in the same sitting. You’ll need to do so within seven days.
STEP 3: Online Numerical and Verbal Reasoning Tests
If you’re successful in your SJT, you will be asked to complete online verbal and numerical reasoning tests. Designed especially for KPMG, they look at your ability to analyse numerical and verbal data – skills that you’ll need on the job. Each test will take around 20 minutes and is timed, so make sure you have enough time before you begin as each test will need to be taken in the same sitting. As with the SJT, you’ll need to do so within 7 days.
Practice as much as possible before taking both the numerical and verbal reasoning tests, even if you’ve taken them before.
STEP 4: Digital Submission
If you’re successful in the reasoning tests, you’ll be invited to a complete a digital submission in audio format. This 120-second audio submission is an opportunity for you to demonstrate both your communication skills and your motivation towards a career at KPMG.
In your digital submission, you’ll be assessed on the KPMG behavioural capabilities, ‘Career Motivation’, ‘Seizes Business Opportunities’, and ‘Makes an Impact’.
You will have three days to submit your recording.
STEP 5: Launch Pad Recruitment Event
If your digital submission is successful, you may be invited to attend a Launch Pad event, this is the final stage of the recruitment process.
Launch Pad will combine assessment with the opportunity for you to learn more about the career opportunities available at KPMG.
If successful you will have your job offer within two working days!
***KPMG and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Big4GraduateJob or this website.